Friday, September 2, 2011

So You’ve Booked Your Cruise, Now What?

clouds

Hello everyone.  I’ve just got off of the Magic and I am ready to plan for the next cruise.  I’m ready and willing to go already!  Over the next 23 months I will be planning and saving, I thought I’d share with you how to plan and prepare for your vacation.  What? Why so early you ask?  Easy, Disney vacations are not like any other vacation you’ve ever taken.  Sure you can go and book a vacation next week, leave and never have planned a thing.  But you’d be missing a lot!  And you’d be spending even more.  I want you to have the best vacation for your money.  Ready?
            First, use the DIS boards.  I know they seem pretty fanatical.  But the amount of information stored there is massive.  There are records of people’s successes and failures.  Secrets and pitfalls.  But even more important is the DIS cruise meets threads.  I cannot stress how nice it is to go on a vacation and already know a bunch of the people that will be vacationing with you.  It seemed that no matter where we were or what we were doing, we were doing it with friends.  Some of the people that were there were those that I met on a cruise two years ago.  It was wonderful seeing old friends again and now I hope that I will keep in touch with some of them for the rest of my life! 
Second, start now thinking about how much vacation you want.  That will help later when I discuss budgeting.  Also get a figure in mind that you are willing to spend so you can tailor your vacation for your budget.  Knowing what you want and how much you have to spend will ensure that you will be able to get the biggest bang for your buck.
Lastly,  I’ve planned a series of articles to you to help with the planning and organizing of the vacation.  Some are already here and posted other’s I am still working on. Here’s a list of the topics that I’ll tackle.  If you have any suggestions on things for me to cover, let me know and I’ll add them.

 1. Disney Cruise Line: A Cruise Line Like No Other.
 2. Expectations.
 3. Budgeting
 4. Dining and Rotations
 5. Pirates and Other Onboard Entertainment.
 6. Castaway Cay
 7. Walt Disney World Dinning Plan 
 8. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
 9. Hotels and Transportation
10. Air transportation 
11. Documentation.
12. What to Do in Florida and tips and tricks
13. Kids Clubs
14. Adult Fare
15. Family Fun
16. Online Booking
17. Online Check In.
18. Boarding
19. Packing
20. Choosing Your Port Excursions

I have found that planning for my Disney Cruise Vacation is half the fun and increases the amount of fun I have while on vacation. These are the things I think through before I go. I decide what my budget can afford and what my family’s needs will be. I determine which little luxuries I can’t live without and which ones aren’t worth the added expense. So, that when my vacation finally does get here I will know what to expect and not have my expectations disappointed.
til next time,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...