Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Castaway Cay

Here’s the island I’ve been waiting to talk about. To tell you the truth, If we didn’t go to another island all cruise, I’d be happy. The Castaway Cay Island is the one I never want to miss. Disney’s private island is in the Bahamas and it is a slice of paradise. First thing that you realize upon looking out your porthole (verandah or deck) is that the ship has pulled up right next to the shore. You’ll literally walk off the ship and onto the island.
image

Currently the island is split into four areas. The most popular area is the family beach. Here you’ll find play structures in the water…
imageimage

a snorkeling lagoon…
imageimage

Family Dining…
image

Shopping and of course fun in the sun. They have servers walking up and down the beach ready to bring you a drink or bucket of drinks when you desire and everything is paid for with your room key.
imageimage

The next area is Scuttles Cove, which is a kids club on the island. Are you looking for a little adult time on the island? Drop the kids off at Scuttles Cove. They’ll have fun while you get away. And as long as we’re talking Adult time you can visit Serenity Bay, the adults’ only beach with no noise except the waves and quiet ocean breezes. While there you can choose to get a massage or relax at the Castaway Air Bar. Travelling with teenagers? There’s even a beach for them.
Since I love spending my time on the family beach, I’m no expert on the other areas. I know that I have snorkeled extensively the lagoon and still have not found the hidden Mickey. And I have also done the parasailing…
imageimage

However, other adventures that you can have are as follows:
Bicycle rentals-tour the island on your own with on a bicycle. (other equipment rentals are the float tube and the snorkel equipment) Castaway Cay fishing, Boat rentals, Stingray encounter, walking and kayaking tours, Jet Ski tours and catamaran tours. This has always been the highlight of my cruise and I know that you’ll enjoy it too.


So You've Booked Your Cruise Now What?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...