Monday, April 29, 2013

A Piece Of California History Goes Up For Auction


I have been a fan of cowboys and outlaws ever since I was a little girl.  Jesse James, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cole Younger, Billy the Kid these were all some of my favorite pass time reading.  I would soak up any information that I found on outlaws.  My all time favorite outlaw gang was The Dalton Gang.  There story captivated me especially the Coffeeville Kansas legendary two banks at one time debacle.  Little did I know that a piece of this famous gang was owned by someone in my family until my Dad sent me this You Tube video about a gun his cousin Larry Thompson has up for auction.  I also never realized that the Dalton Gang was credited with robbing a train in Ceres California which is the very town we live in.  I feel like a little kid again and I’m dumbfounded that I never knew this.  The auction will take place on May 5th, 2013 by California Auctioneers in Ventura California. Oh how I wish I could afford this rifle but I am very excited to see how much he gets for this item.  The video below shares all of the history of this rifle and how my cousin also came to own it.  It is a great video about some fascinating California History especially if you love the old west time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...