Monday, June 10, 2013

The Bottom Of The Laundry Pile

Maytag Centennial Washer Dryer
Have I mentioned that I love my new washer and dryer?
Last January my dryer went out. Mind you, this was the second dryer to our original set. We were still trying to recover from Christmas spending and decided to just buy a refurbished used one. We also had a sneaking suspicion that our 15 year old washer was on it's last leg and wanted to wait to buy a new set together. Well, that day came a couple of weeks ago right in the middle of a load.  It stopped working and I was left with a washer full of soapy dirty water filled with clothes. I got out the plastic Rubbermaid garbage can, began wringing the clothes out and tossing them into the can so I could run over to my mom's to finish. I’m thankful to have a mom so close. Before Steve and I went out to buy a new set we decided on a budget of what we were willing to spend. Once we got to Home Depot I soon realized that in the washer and dryer department our budget wasn’t going to go far. There were only three models that were in our price range and they were the cheapest models available. It was kind of disappointing for me as I realized all those fancy front loaders with bells and whistles weren't in my budget. I still looked around and admired the higher end models and the cool colors they are available in. I envisioned them in my home and dreamt of what it would be like to use them. Then I checked out the price tag and almost choked!  We could go on a vacation for that money! Our family of four took a 7 day Disney Cruise to the Mexican Riviera for nearly half that much! Our upcoming 14 day Disney Cruise through the Panama Canal cost less than that! Steve and I even went to London for 6 days and paid less than that! Holy Shmoley! So, I cheerfully walked back towards the ones in our budget and chose the Maytag Centennial model.  My husband was very relieved and I am certain this decision will go a long ways in making sure my marriage last as long as the washer and dryer. After a couple of weeks of using it I am very impressed. They have so many different settings I can choose from to get my laundry done. The washer has a load sensing, water saving feature on it as well so I am using less water with each load. And the dryer! It can dry a load of laundry in 30 minutes! (Compared to the 90 minutes our previous dryer took this is amazing). Sometimes it's finished before my washer if I have it set for deep clean. I couldn't be happier,  now I can actually almost see the bottom of the laundry pile and, it's a good thing because we'll be going on vacation soon.
post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...