Monday, June 24, 2013

Photo Essay - The Impact of a Parent Attending a Child’s School Performance


This is my daughter, see the cute little blonde with the fancy headband?
Photo May 31, 9 07 42 AM (1)
This was her last school performance of the year and she was very insistent that I attend.  She reminded me several times.  I always go to her performances but I have to admit that I often wondered how important was it really.  When I got home and looked through the pictures I had taken they really spoke to me and answered my question about how important it really is.  In the picture above she has just entered the gymnasium and I can see her quickly scanning the audience for me.  She seems very focused on finding me. 
Photo May 31, 9 07 46 AM
She is still looking for me and hasn’t spotted me yet, even though I am waving madly between taking pictures.  I know the look on her face is disappointment that I’m not there to see her. 
Photo May 31, 9 07 53 AM
She still hasn’t found me and the smile on her face is a “put on your best face and be brave smile”
Photo May 31, 9 08 01 AM (HDR)
Awe, finally recognition.  She now sees me and has a beautiful smile for my camera.
Photo May 31, 9 10 10 AM (HDR)
And, she sings! From the bottom of heart, just for me.  I’m so glad I’m her mother and I’m so glad I made the effort to see her performance.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...